Apologia

Friday, April 21, 2006

Apology for my recent writing

My most recent post, concerning the fate of those who die in infancy, has been greatly misunderstood. I now realize that my writing is not clear. I was responding to this. Apparently my attempt at satire did not work as I had hoped, so I feel that I should clarify a few things. I was writing to show the ridiculousness of those who would say that there is no biblical warrant for the idea of an "age of accountability" (although I greatly dislike that term). In my writing, I presented several biblical arguments that support this idea, but then simply dismissed them as human sentimentality without any real scriptural support. This is the argument that I have seen put forth by those who are strongly against this belief. They insist that their own belief is correct and do not deal with the biblical arguments of those who believe otherwise. I was attempting to show this, but apparently I have done so badly, because only one person who read it without actually discussing it with me first realized that it was meant to be satirical.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, ok. I was in shock.

Seriously, I was actually pissed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home